Chestnuts of the Cévennes macaroons
Recipe for 6 persons / Prep : 30 mins / Cook : 15 mins
For the macaroons shells :
- 450g icing sugar
- 150g chestnut flour
- 100g almonds powder
- 6 egg white
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 salt pinch
For the ganache :
- 200g of vanilla-flavoured chestnut cream
- 200g butter
1. Preheat the oven to 150 C /Th. 5
2. For the shells, whip egg-whites to a light mousse with the caster sugar, the salt and the lemon juice.
3. Add the icing sugar, the almonds powder and the chestnut flour, then mix in order to obtain an homogeneous result.
4. Fill the piping bag with the above mix, and then form little domes (diameter : 2cm) on a greaseproof paper sheet. Space them out so they can spread while cooking.
5. Put it in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
6. For the ganache, mix the softened butter and the vanilla-flavoured chestnut cream in order to obtain a smooth pastry.
7. With the piping bag, put some ganache on a macaroon shell. Place this shell on top of another. Repeat.
8. Put them in the fridge before savouring them.